LilypieNext Birthday Ticker



Monday, March 17, 2008

reason #8532 why I love my dog

the day that my husband said "let's get a dog - a black pug"... was one of the greatest days ever. I had been wanting a dog for so long... and he'd intended to get one for me for my birthday a few months earlier, but it didn't work out for a number of reasons. so obviously... I was way super excited about bowser when we went to get him. he became "mom's dog", following me around everywhere and just overall making sure that I was ok.

well, this saturday we had a st. pat's party and a lot of people showed up. bowser, of course, loved it and was petted by all. he also loved it b/c he got remnants of food as it fell on the floor. needless to say, he slept almost all of sunday (with me on the couch) and by sunday night, he had a pretty "upset stomach". not that he was sick or anything, but his stomach was making some LOUD and STRANGE digesting noises. das and I had let him sleep in our bed last night b/c we knew how tired he was, and also we'd moved his crate for the party and just hadn't put it back yet, so he wasn't used to sleeping in his crate upstairs. the noises were so regular while we were trying to get to sleep that it was almost like some sort of demented lullaby. :) anyway, this morning rolled around (way too early if you ask me)... and bowser's tum was still running its mouth. obviously he needed to go out, and since das gets up before I do, I figured he would get up and bowser would just go with him (since he needed to go out). well, my husband got up and I could hear him whispering to the dog... "come on bowsie... let's go outside." bowser sat up and just stayed there. I was "still sleeping" so I didn't move, but I could almost see bowser's head tilt saying, "but dad, who's going to watch over mom when I'm outside?" it was so cute... I just had to smile. I love my puppy. :) he'll be three in two weeks... [sigh] my baby's growing up!

No comments: